Saturday, February 18, 2006

State of Rum



I've discovered, during my travels far into the realms of being piss drunk on a snowcovered street freezing like hell, that the head sort of disconnects the surrounding world when one is really drunk on rum. It's not like that when you're drinking beer. You just become noisy and finally fall asleep, or if you're a bit less lucky, become violent and thereby a trouble to everyone around you.

Rum on the other side, it's the magic box to put on your head. I don't even remember half of the almost important stuff I heard yesterday. And what I do remember that I heard, I remember I heard smiling. They've told me that's what's happening too me. I disconnect and become completely numb to attempts of conversation which I do not currently focus on, most of the time I smile. And I'm having a world of relaxing fun. As far as I know, I'm not even a bother to most people around me, though I could be wrong on that one. I believe it's about making sure the people around you drink as much as you do. Tricky social mechanic.

This is turning into a confession of catholic proportions as I say I've done a few fucked up things when drunk on rum. But it was a while since I fucked up, If we don't count being dysfunctional as a lover because of too much alchohol. If I remember it correctly, it was a while since last bugged out thing I did or said. I believe I got a little carried away at first when I realized just how much fun being drunk on rum is. But after several good talks with friendly Adel, I think I got a better control over it. Though I'm probably writing about this here only because my conscience tells me to wash it somehow.

I think I'll go ask someone if I was incredibly drunk yesterday. I think I need some fat food too. And more shaving foam. I'm all out of that stuff. It sneaks up on you, the lack of shaving foam. Striking when you have a hangover, it's the most devious threat to the citizens of the western world, fear hair as the american fears the communist.

Dreadful stuff all of it.

Oh I read some really beautiful words crudely bashed together into two really good lines, which I will write here so I can remember them in the future when I've been drinking again and forgotten all about everything I haven't written down. Wonder if that's why I'm drinking so much, to clean things out of my head?
Words Words Words:
Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.

Pretty indeed, especially together. It says something about how silly one can be and how passionate we can be. I'd like to compare the first part to a suicidebomber going paradise now without the slightest doubt. The second part reminds me of two things. The dysfunctional robot-dog GIR from Invader Zim and myself when in a state of rum, wearing the magic rumbox on my head. It's all the shelter one needs. GIR is sort of stupid. But very passionate. Just like the relaxing state of rum.

No comments: