Monday, March 20, 2006

GDC>day 02 take-off

Leaving hotel "Connect" in the forests around the ghastly Arlanda Stad. The hotel featured toilet doors with Large windows in. The kind you can look in through.
The cab driver who took us there called his friend in order to find the hotel, rather than some taxi central or consulting the GPS/radar-stuff they've got there.
We took off for heathrow a tad bit nervous about the stuff the guy who checked in our bagage said> That we wouldn't get into the states without a "greenie". We had to get whatever a "greenie" was. Special forms printed on green paper.
I've got to keep all the chains and other stuff so far (the chains I keep for bracelets), but I''m worried what they'll confiscate as potential murderweapons in the US customs. This flight wasn't much of a circus at all.
I've found great joy in having the soothing music and voice of a near one in the mp3-player.


The most queer contraption was found in the hotel lobby at "Connect": It's obvious purpose was to substitute a person serving coffee. Getting the machine to make me some took some advanced programming.

1. Push Espresso Button
2. Push increased strength button twice in order to fill the empty squares on the display.
3. Push Coffee Button
4. Push the unlabeled White Button to fill half cup.
5. Grab the cup and put it back into position.
6. Repeat step 1 to 5 to fill cup.

The coffee wasn't worth the trouble.

Later...
It isn't every day you get to get drunk in the middle of the atlantic ocean. Flying virgin air is a blast, being served drinks + decent vegetarian food by feminine boys and prep girls.
Bet we're all smelling like joggers right now. We managed to end up in an enormous que of people with a multitude of origins which is publicly known as Heathrow's "Que to Terminal 3". Don't underestimate that one. It was also all we saw of the UK.
Once through, the nice virgin-air employee took our tickets, returned them and told us to "go to gate 40, as fast as you can".
Making it to Gate 40 from terminal three's check-in in under ten minutes was a painful dash, although impressive, given that we're all nerds used to sit crouched over a keyboard.
It's so relaxing to sit on the plane since it means we're practically there. Heathrow was nervous. The airplane has an entertainment terminal lodged into the back of each seat, which has TV, movies, music and games!
They even have a nice digital display which shows us where the plane is. We are over Greenland when I'm writing this. According to the display.

The Tv is sort of streamed and I already watched the only episode of of family guy which is on. I tried watching Aeon Flux but it was fruitless trying to interpret the weird plot when drunk and in an aircraft.
We've tried playing the nearly all the games, which are plays at a horrible framerate. The bowling game has a single optimal move which can be repeated an infinite number of times.
The trivia was mildly entertaining until the cricket questions, so was tetris, but multiplayer Pong wasn't. We've filled out the weird forms which seems to be standard when entering the US and Russia. I've answered no to having a drug addiction, having intents of comitting crimes in the US, carrying snails or cell culture, being part of a terrorist organization and no, I wasn't active in Nazi-Germany.

I learned recently that we're going to the west coast and california and Arnold. I'm listening to the soothing electro and will fall asleep soon.

No comments: