Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Scribbling

July has passed by quietly in my head and I have spend July quietly passing code from my fingers into the source of a monstrosity we barely vaguely dare predict where it will end up and how huge jaws it will have. Neither do we know the number of tusks and fangs it will feature.
I've got myself a large pack of Jolt cola's, plenty of snacks and enough nicotine to stay inside for a week coding. However, Evelina asked me to come out to her place instead of welcoming her into my room (now decorated with a bamboo curtain, fighting the german pornbooth cloth). Brother Johannes have been visiting and we've had the opportunity to play plenty of Buck Rogers - Battle for the 25th century. I recommend anyone with the ability to get their paws on a copy to do so - it's a blasting space wargame with over 200 plastic soldiers, killer satellites and spaceships!
I'm hearing locust toybox : Music by the genius behind fat-pie.com and Salad Fingers.
I'm playing Oblivion since I picked it up again, given a bit of rest since I was frustrated by a bug which made an important quest character suddenly turn up in a remote mountain-necromancer cave when he was supposed to be in the sewers (he frequently told me he knew these parts of "the sewers" well and that I should follow him, after which he usually walked into a wall and looked confused about the sudden obstacle). So I had to part walk with him and part slash him until he came running for my throat in order to lure him back to where he should be, poor NPC. The increasing wealth of good mods for oblivion (mostly from the oblivion mod wiki) has really improved the gaming experience since I am now able to cultivate my own garden, seeing travellers on the roads and saying hello to blind priests in the Imperial City.
Beyond the realms of Oblivion, I've picked up on Micro Machines 4 which probably would be a blast had they implemented multiplayer capabilities on the keyboard like in the old days.
Really looking forward to the civilization 4 expansion as well. Just saw this on Boardgamegeek.com, which really caught my attention, too.
I do hope this limbo-style-don't know how to earn my rent next month period is over really soon since I'm really aching to earn a respectable income, however not in exchange for the time to develop games at least part-time.

No comments: