I've taken a vacation, since I felt some bad stress was coming my way, aiming for my fickle throat. So I try to be in the same place at the same time as when I work, but produce nothing of value. And I should really spend more inproductive time in the sun doing nothing. This far it's been fun. I've been drunk all the time. And when I haven't been drunk I've tinkered with my latest project, a 48-hour game. The idea is to spend no more than 48 hours making it, all alone. It's a strategy game (duh) in which you play a most evil megalord of impending doom who must customize his evil, dark dungeon of evil-doom in order to lure adventurers into it and then stop them from stealing ALL treasure by killing the adventurers. Killing adventurers brings in the resource EVIL POWER which can be used for sinister plots like kidnapping the princess, cursing the land, obliterating the universe, open the gate to hell or retrieving some important crystal or turning everyone into the wondrous state of undeath. It's going splendid. And it's relaxing to get to do some art-stuff, reasonably quick codework and of course the sound. The wholeness of the work feels rewarding and let' my mind rest it's legs.
Sunday, August 07, 2005
Vacation
I've taken a vacation, since I felt some bad stress was coming my way, aiming for my fickle throat. So I try to be in the same place at the same time as when I work, but produce nothing of value. And I should really spend more inproductive time in the sun doing nothing. This far it's been fun. I've been drunk all the time. And when I haven't been drunk I've tinkered with my latest project, a 48-hour game. The idea is to spend no more than 48 hours making it, all alone. It's a strategy game (duh) in which you play a most evil megalord of impending doom who must customize his evil, dark dungeon of evil-doom in order to lure adventurers into it and then stop them from stealing ALL treasure by killing the adventurers. Killing adventurers brings in the resource EVIL POWER which can be used for sinister plots like kidnapping the princess, cursing the land, obliterating the universe, open the gate to hell or retrieving some important crystal or turning everyone into the wondrous state of undeath. It's going splendid. And it's relaxing to get to do some art-stuff, reasonably quick codework and of course the sound. The wholeness of the work feels rewarding and let' my mind rest it's legs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment