Thursday, July 28, 2005

Correcting

Today I have been programming a prototype for the designjob I'm doing, which finally ironed out a few very persistent bugs since i made major changes to make the player feedback better. Now I can start adding new features and test them, which is a big hooray 'for earth'.
And then we had a meeting at a local cafe (they're probably commies, since they have literature in the place.) discussing the GUI, file-handling and several technical issues regarding our project Harm's Way, which is a cute little frontier role playing game with strict focus on character development and gaming within a persistent world.
I also pushed the question of how we best utilize the 3D-artists assigned to the project, happily giving the answer away: Dynamic Graphics. Up until now, they've been busy making models of character portraits, which our other artists can do perfectly fine. File handling and electronic communication really becomes a problem with "leisure projects" and loosely tied groups, since one can't really demand that much out of people's commitment to leisure duty.
We're working quite iterative, even though it's very uneven workloads at the moment and much still gets defined in the second it is needed. Troublesome, but a relaxing way of work considering the leisure nature of it.

The evening was then spent on work, namely giving feedback and grading a few of the designdocuments which were submitted to the game analysis and design course. Our project promqueen haven't bothered me this week, even though I feel it should, which feels a bit problematic perhaps.
My inspiration this week has come from trailer park boys, a little bit of invader zim and Calexico's fantastic "sun-is-hot-at-the-mexican-border"-music.

No comments: