Friday, September 23, 2005

Blog on Projects

I've got an autumn crawling right up my back at the moment. Every day spent in the old time shafts of sunlight is "probably the last". Then, too many afternoons are spent outside, since I've got work enough to stay inside until nightfall, all days of the week. Today was, highly unlikely, shopping-day as I spent the day as a first-class, ironfist consumer whore. I'm five jolt colas, a black shirt with lace, and two shiny, black boots richer. I think shopping just recently became my new anxiety-pill. Then, Visby isn't the place to try that method, really. Actually, trying to shop anxiety away in this town quite quickly opens the door for sinister-looking fears. That kind that says "fear of small, depopulated, economically falling communities" on the label and it's friend, the fear of generic, small, depopulated town standard issue clothing from bangladesh. And last but not least the fear of heroic attempts to bring second hand fashion to town through the selection of clothes from larger places which nobody over there wanted. Sells good here. Good as daughters in a UN-occupied village in Serbocratia. Then, I haven't been to any really big cities shopping clothes. It's just that I don't need to experience the excess to fear this drought.
This is where the magic happens.
Now I can't get the bloody image I am uploading to appear.
Anyway: On projects
My good comrade Johan has started digging restlessly into the western game we were working on this summer, in lack of other stimulation on this tourist-infested pest-abscess in the middle of the world's least interesting sea. Instead of digging into what we *should* be doing in our education. That is, of course like always, fun to hear. And I luckily have the designdrafts the group agreed upon left.
I must go drink myself even more confused now. I have a hard time determining whether it is the stress and workload which makes my mind and especially memory fail over and over or if it is the drinking. If I drink, I imagine that I will experience less stress and thereby be better, even though I kind of realized it doesn't help that much, it's at least making the bright illusions of benefits from social life a less distant reality/opportunity. Which in time could ease the stress.. Or bring more contacts whom I can use for more work. Or something. All these sinister, long-term plans of how to manage your own life are turning out cumbersome or complex to behold. I maybe don't have what it takes to become an evil genius bent on ruling the world after all.

No comments: