Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Making Workshops is tremendous


After a rather nervous evening yesterday, I today stepped up, presenting the course I'm about to govern: Game Development and Flash I. That was ok, 'cept the students only questions we're about when they could leave the island and whether or not they would be allowed to choose their own groups.
I'm now to keep developing the workshop in order to make it into something interesting.

During the day, I was sent up to the Information-Technology department at school in order to retrieve a student's license of flash, where they met me with great suspicion and long looks. It's a terrifying experience everytime ever since I was commanded up there to explain where the second RAM-memory card was, which should have been delivered back, together with the old, hired, computer. It was an extremely horrible situation going through a dialouge which to a great extent felt like being caught shoplifting in a supermarket and pulled into the boss' office. And I can't say there is a point in having a "talk" like that when I am their client and I am paying their wages, but why incompetence is rewarded on Gotland is a long story.

It is, to continue complaining, awfully frustrating to manage the group in the course I am studying, since half of it is having lots of "other stuff" to attend to all the time. We've really become a large structure now, which takes a lot of pushing buttons and blinking panels to move forward.

It is indeed more fun than working at the godforsaken and diabolic seven eleven, even though don't get to serve rotten food to excessively wealthy, drunk people.

No comments: