
I've spent the whole day working with creating a workshop. A workshop, I quickly found out, is not one of those subjects which is an easy thing to find information on, on the net. Whatever peculiar search terms I used, I ended up looking at people selling "puppet-making", "design", or "writing" workshops. Especially, it seems, there's a whole industry of people trying to sell workshops to ambitious, but not yet professional, scriptwriters. The poor scriptwriters seem to be in an even worse situation regarding getting a job than us aspiring game designers.
Which is what I was doing, a game design workshop. Scraping the memorybanks for good ideas, in hope of remembering the workshops we went through in our education I soon gave up trying to realize "What makes a good workshop" and just did what I usually do: Doing.
To ensure myself that the increasing number of pages didn't just consist of a madman's ramblings, I sent it over to a couple of friends in order to get their feedback. It was generally positive, which is soothing. It'll be a blast seeing how it turns out tomorrow.
I also spoke to our lead tech regarding his meeting today and was satisfied to hear that all was going in the right direction.

No comments:
Post a Comment